JOIN OUR TEAM
San Francisco, CA
Based on experience.
This is a full-time, management-level position for an experienced Interior Designer to work directly with the Principal on all aspects of design and project management. The Senior Designer is expected to translate the Principal's aesthetic vision into client presentations, communicate project design both verbally and visually, and embody the spirit and professionalism of the firm. The Senior Designer will manage the work and professional development of Design Assistants and Interns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
- Manage multiple deadlines, project scopes, and aesthetics simultaneously.
- Manage projects, proposals, and expediting in Studio Designer system.
- Efficiently manage project Design Assistants and Interns on multiple projects; demonstrate strong managerial and communications skills.
- Assist with photoshoot coordination, sourcing, styling, and onsite facilitation
- Maintain existing, and grow new, vendor contacts and relationships.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and openings
- Attend client meetings, prepare meeting minutes, create task lists for distribution.
- Responsible for approval of Client Order and vendor Purchase Order paperwork prior to client and vendor submission.
- Manage Client Order design and pricing package submission
- Oversee project installation scheduling and coordination
- Oversee accurate and within-budget design time hours for self and project team
- Create solutions and communicate with clients and colleagues in a timely manner and in the spirit of the firm’s mission and values
- Research and develop furniture plans, custom furnishing designs, material schemes that match the client's aesthetic, functional goals, and budget.
- Assist Principal on the design and development of all projects; create drawings, boards, fabric schemes, and any relevant items for client presentations
- Research and source furniture, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers, and interior finishes within project budget and aesthetic
- Create and maintain project budgets
- Manage item specifications and Construction Schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting, and finishes
- Coordinate vendor and installer site visits, workroom visits, and in-person meetings to ensure successful project deliverables.
- Ensure the project information is correctly documented and saved to the server.
- Interface with Project Manager and Design Assistant to manage item expediting process (vendor to warehouse), adhere to project deadlines
- Works with Design Assistants and Interns to ensure all design hours are within billable quotes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
Associate’s Degree in Interior Design
Minimum of 5 years interior design experience
Provide high-level innovative design concepts
Experience with managing purchasing and budgets
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, In-Design, and Studio Designer.
Experience managing design staff on project teams
Current driver's license with access to a car, drive to work.
Vacation and Sick Pay - 14 days per year.
COVID WORK PROTOCOL:
This position is in person at our retail store and studio in San Francisco. M-Fri 8:30am-5pm, on-site at the design studio as soon as it is safe.
- 8 hour shift (40 hour work week however some overtime may be required occasionally)
Monday to Friday.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Commission on sales at our retail store
- San Francisco CA
- Provide a cover letter with the following:
- 2-3 professional references
- Answer the question: Who are 3 designers you look up to and why do they inspire you?
- Provide portfolio showcasing at least 3 projects
- Provide CV/Resume outlining industry experience and qualifications.