JOIN OUR TEAM
San Francisco, CA
Based on experience.
This is a full time, position for an experienced Interior Designer to work directly with the Senior Designer and Principal in the design and project management execution of our projects. As Assistant Designer it is expected that you will aid in translating the Principal's aesthetic vision into client presentations, communicate project design both verbally and visually, and embody the spirit and professionalism of the firm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
- Aid in proposal creation and expediting in Studio Designer system
- Assist with photoshoot coordination, sourcing, styling and onsite facilitation
- Support Senior Designer at client meetings through documenting meeting notes, assembling meeting materials, assisting with required measures and formatting notes to communicate to the team. The Assistant Designer will work with Senior Designer to complete relevant tasks related to design meeting.
- Assist with project installation scheduling and coordination
- Complete tasks within-budget design time hours.
- Create solutions and communicate with clients and colleagues in a timely manner and in the spirit of the firm’s mission and values.
- Assist the Senior Designer with developing furniture plans, custom furnishing designs and material schemes that match the client's aesthetic, functional goals and budget.
- Assist Senior Designer and Principal with creation of drawings, design boards, fabric schemes and any relevant items for client presentations.
- Research and source furniture, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and interior finishes within project budget and aesthetic
- Assist Senior Designer in creating project and FF&E schedules.
- Coordinate vendor and installer site visits, workroom visits
- Ensure the project information is correctly documented and saved to server.
- Work with Senior Designer to ensure expediting process (vendor to warehouse), adheres to project deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum of 2 years interior design experience
- Experience with managing purchasing and budgets
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, In-Design and Studio Designer.
- Current driver's license with access to car, drive to work.
Vacation and Sick Pay: 2 weeks per year.
COVID WORK PROTOCOL:
This position is in person at our retail store and studio in San Francisco. M-Fri 8:30am-5pm, on-site at the design studio as soon as it is safe.
- 8 hour shift (40 hour work week however some overtime may be required occasionally)
- Monday to Friday.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- San Francisco CA
- Provide a cover letter with the following:
2-3 professional references
- Answer the question: Who are 3 designers you look up to and why do they inspire you?
- Provide portfolio showcasing at least 3 projects no more than 7 years old.
- Provide CV/Resume outlining industry experience and qualifications.
email to email@example.com